Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nasty bug!

Well I wish the bug I've had was as lovely to look at as these, but it ISN'T. Wednesday while Mike and Sari were here, my stomach started hurting. I thought it was the Motrin I took. Then Thursday after putting Bianca down I had the big D. I thought, " Well, stress can cause the big D." Then I kept having it- and it was getting worse- I started seeing blood and I got so weak I could not stand except for going to the bathroom- over and over. Finally on Friday, I told Jon, " I have got to get this cultured and see a doctor- I have NEVER been sick like this before. So we went to the Urgent Care Center (with my cup of bugs), I laid down the whole time, and he gave me Flagyl (antibiotic for nasty stomach bugs) and some Donnatal for the horrible pain in my stomach and cramping. 24 hours later, I could stand. 48 hours later I can help out around here a little. For those first two days, I honestly felt like I was in hell. I was sweating, freezing, sweating, soaking wet, and too weak to change clothes, so I just put more covers on. I was so weak that the only way I could get Jon or the girls to bring me food or meds was to dial the house phone from my cell phone. (I was upstairs away from the general population and common bathroom so noone else would get it.) Thank God Jon was off and my kids can fend for themselves as everyone was somewhere else doing fun things. I also forgot to take my antidepressants for three days which added to the depression I always get while being sick made me a raving LUNATIC. I wanted to die, I wanted all the animals to die, I wanted someone to kill me. I lay in bed and wished for Bianca's fate. ( I am serious- I wanted someone to put me to sleep- I thought about calling my vet, but I was pretty sure they wouldn't do it, even if I paid them. It was really really bad. Any little thing that someone said to me made me cry- I was a mess. But the good news is that I am feeling better- almost want to eat real food and haven't visited the bathroom in six hours. Jon and the kids did a great job taking care of the zoo. Thank you guys. Note to self- if you are going to be sick, make sure Jon crams the Lexapro down your throat!!!


Anonymous said...

Anne sorry you were feeling sooooo aweful but am encouraged that you seem to be on the mend. Getting sick is never a good thing and when you are taking care of others (people and pets) it complicates the matters worse. Sounds like your family was able to rise to the occasion by taking care of you and managing every ting else. Continue to get better... Gale, Kallen and Prime

Lexapro Prescription Medication said...

My name is Lucas Sneed and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lexapro.

I am 39 years old. Have been on Lexapro for 3 years now. Went through a phase in life where I lost my job and was under-employed for a couple of years. Had descended to an all time low in self-loathing. Doc intially placed me on Welbutrine, which made me un-motived and essentially a disinterested by-stander in the story that is my life. Switched me over to 10mg dose of Lexapro, which has never increased. I now have a job I love (OK, like) and do not worry about the future. I continue to take Lexapro, as I said I am not as easy going if I miss several doses. My wife can tell when I am off of it, as little things will drive me nuts: barking dogs, annoying habits of others, other drivers, belligerent children...the usual list of suspects. My mother's side of the family is full of passionate, emotional rage machines, so it is a genetic thing or I am a product of the environment in which I spent my formative years. When I am on it I am calm cool and in control. Have notfound it to be physically addictive nor experienced any side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Uneven temperment, lack of patience if I skip several doses.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lucas Sneed