Friday, July 11, 2008

Dudley the dog food dork and why I blog!



Well I am short on time this morning as we go to see Dr. Hahn about Julianna's foot today- pray that he has good news like we can go to the beach, the foot has been healed by God and that no surgery is neccesary. :) Yesterday I had a huge bowl of dry food getting ready to be mixed with wet food for the big greyhounds. Dudley was on the counter- I walked out of the room and heard this sound that sounded JUST LIKE him throwing food out of his bowl- that's what parrots do while their looking for their favorite food in the dish. I walked back in and this is what I saw. I laughed so hard that I wasn't even mad that half of the eight cups was on the floor. He actually nested down in it at one point- it's breeding season for macaws right now. Now he did not EAT any of it- even though it wouldn't have hurt him if he did. It was just a hoot.
People say to me ALL THE TIME-"I don't know how you have the time to blog." I don't have time to blog. If I was a perfectionist, I wouldn't blog. But it is one of the few things I do that bring me pleasure that I can do alone- no dogs, no birds, no kids. I have always loved to read and write. So, if I was the type that couldn't blog unless the house was clean, or the dishes were all put away, I wouldn't blog. But I have to escape the house, zoo, and world sometimes and this is how I do it. I watch NO TV, I play NO GAMES, I do nothing for sheer hedonistic pleasure except this. :) And I refuse to deny myself one of the few things that I do JUST FOR ME, as my job description is doing everything for everybody and everything else. I am not egotistical- I don't think for a minute that all of you get up every morning just waiting to read my next entry- I do it for ME. But it is a nice way to keep all of you updated on our family without having to send a long email every day. I know my folks and my inlaws enjoy it- LEAVE SOME COMMENTS PEOPLE!!! It's not hard- just go to where it says, " 1 comment" in blue- click on that and it will tell you what to do. Thank you Donna and Belinda for leaving comments- it makes me feel like someone is reading this silliness. :)

3 comments:

moppet said...

Hey there, I love reading your blog and seeing the pics and the greyhounds. I had an amazing visit with you all today. Told you I would leave a comment on your page. Lord girl, you have lots of reading on my blog or should I say blogs??? hugs to all
Becca

moppet said...

Hey there, I love reading your blog and seeing the pics and the girls and the greyhounds. I had an amazing visit with you all today. Told you I would leave a comment on your page. Lord girl, you have lots of reading on my blog or should I say blogs??? hugs to all
Becca

Donna said...

silliness!!! I'm a bit of a perfectionist (no snickering here, Anne) and I still blog. :)
Thanks for the help with my headache, it feels a bit better thank goodness.